Senior Water and Wastewater Operator
PTI Chimo Water and Wastewater Services
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
PTI Chimo Water and Wastewater Services is recruiting for Senior Water and Wastewater Operator. Reporting to the Operator’s Supervisor and acting as an effective liaison within the team, the incumbent will be the first point of contact and source of technical knowledge providing guidance and support for the assigned team.
- Ensure employee training and certification meets the required occupational and legislative standards.
- Interpret process control (SCADA) and lab data against performance standards and initiate required adjustments to equipment.
- Supervise the collection, preparation and delivery for laboratory analysis, including potable water samples for a variety of assigned locations.
- Assist Water and Wastewater Operators with the interpretation of performance data.
- Coordinate with the Supervisor to ensure projects, repairs, etc. are completed in a timely manner.
- Provide coaching, direction, and supervision to lesser qualified and experienced plant operators in the performance of their assigned duties.
- Ensure operators are performing their work in a proper, safe and timely fashion, while following all policies.
- Provide technical assistance to operators over the phone or in person.
- Ensure all operators and sites comply with regulatory requirements at all government levels.
- Ensure all operators and sites comply with the policies of any third party clients.
- Provide technical assistance to the CHIMO team and troubleshoot operational issues in water and wastewater treatment plants, including operational, biological, mechanical, instrumentation and PLC matters.
- Prepare and maintain data for the reports for internal operations, as well as regulatory agencies or clients.
- Provide technical or procedural guidance to both internal and external parties.
- Required Skills
- As a Sr. Operator, the desired candidate shall have min of 4 levels of certification in water or wastewater treatment areas. In addition, one certificate must be a level 3 from either water or wastewater treatment.
- A minimum of 6 years of experience in the water or wastewater field, 2 of which in a supervisory role. A two year water quality program can be considered as an equivalency of experience.
- Excellent organizational, time management and analytical skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong interpersonal skills, flexibility, and customer service orientation as well as good communication skills required to work with the customers on different levels.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Job Location
- Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
- Position Type
- Apply online here
CWWA Member Rate
$45.00 per week, or a volume discount of
$150.00 per month plus your provincial tax (HST or GST). A daily rate at $10.00 plus tax is also available.
the CWWA non-Member rate is:
$55.00 per week, or a volume discount of
$160.00 per month plus your provincial tax (HST or GST). A daily rate of $12.00 plus tax is also available.
Submissions in the principal language saved in Word is acceptable. A nominal flat fee of $13 will be added if there is an equivalent posting in the other official language. If interested, please reply with your job ad and invoicing address. Let us know how long you would like it posted for. Please note that payment is required first from non-Members (we accept Visa or MasterCard) and a receipt will be provided.