CWWA is a national body representing the common interests of Canadian water and wastewater systems. The Association addresses and informs Members on federal and national water and wastewater issues:
CWWA encourages all Federal/provincial/territorial/regulatory* departments, agencies or libraries, particularly those directly affecting municipal operations, who have an interest in water and wastewater services to subscribe to the Canadian Water and Wastewater Association. Your department/agency may wish to communicate effectively with the municipal sector and ensure ongoing communications. The subscription fee provides access to CWWA’s national newsletter, the Bulletin, its biannual magazine, Canadian Municipal Water News & Review and CWWA Communiqués which examines specific and very topical issues, and participation in a variety of networks (such as Water Security, Biosolids, Drinking Water Quality, etc.) and access to CWWA events at member rates.
Involvement in CWWA is a cost-effective way for the government to keep abreast of developments and the literature in the water and wastewater municipal sector. You can also initiate contact with key people in the industry. CWWA's increasing international affiliations may be of additional interest.
CWWA stresses communications on significant national trends and events, and works closely with other organizations to further the industry and create public awareness and support through:
- cooperation with Canada's six regional water/wastewater associations
- its membership services, conferences and annual workshops
- partnerships with federal, provincial and municipal governments, national organizations, the private sector, and international organizations.
Membership will give you the quickest and most up-to-date news on Canadian water and wastewater issues, legislative proposals, municipal infrastructure, and more.
*Note: Departments or agencies who provide or operate water or wastewater services should join as Utility Members.
Back to top
- CWWA Bulletin (10/year) – our popular national newsletter
- Communiqués – in depth coverage on current news items you need to know
- Canadian Municipal Water News & Review - a biannual magazine
- CWWA Alert – (by e-mail) on the hottest issues/news
- CWWA Membership Directory - complete hard copy version
- Members' Briefing Book (in CD-ROM) – covers current management and other topics
- Internet Web Site – including login to Members' Only Section
- Be Informed on Specific Topics:
- become a member of a Network on subjects of national significance, such as: Drinking Water Quality; Water Demand Management; Wastewater and Stormwater; Water Protection Information; etc.
- CWWA events such as the annual "Window on Ottawa"
- 30% off CWWA regular price publications
- Free selected publications
- Employment postings on CWWA's online Water and Wastewater Career Centre
- CWWA Bulletin advertising
- Outreach Potential
- networking opportunities at annual
workshops and conferences
- sponsorship of CWWA organized events
- Members’ News column contributions
- boost your Internet homepage traffic by linking to CWWA’s homepage
- Fax/E-mail broadcasting (fee for service)
- Enquiry service (subject to staff resources)
Back to top
Membership fees will be under review by CWWA in the 2011-2012 year. For annual fee information, please contact Ida Tsui
< > or to the general office mailbox <
>. Thank you.
Back to top